pirateprincess

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Week 9, Thing 21: Podcasts!

This was kinda cool, although I initially had trouble figuring out how to find the RSS for a podcast. I selected 2 podcasts from Yahoo Podcasts. The first was a Phantom of the Opera podcast appropriately titled Phancast. The other was a Harry Potter audio called Snapecast, which featured a male host whose voice (no offense, it works for this particular podcast lol) reminded me a bit of the type of voice you'd expect a creepy funeral director who doesn't get out much, to have! :p Both of these podcasts can be found in my bloglines account. My bloglines account link is still located on the sidebar of my blog for your convenience. It looks like various libraries are finding some interesting ways to use podcasting. In my searching, I discovered that there are interviews with authors, tutorials for staff and patrons, booktalks, stories being read, library news, and that's only a few of the ways libraries use podcasts. I guess podcasts ARE pretty useful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home