pirateprincess

Friday, August 3, 2007

Week 8, Thing 19: Web 2.0 Awards list

I'm a huge fan of of music, so I decided to select a winning site from the Web 2.0 list, called Pandora. I'd never heard of Pandora so I wasn't familiar with its features at all. I did a search for a couple of artists. Two of the artists were found immediately, and one artist's search results yielded not the artist herself, but the artist's mother (the more famous of the two, so I suppose that's okay lol). It appears that you can create an account for yourself and have your own radio stations with whichever artists that you wish. Checking out the site a little further, I discovered that the site will even give you results of other similar artists that might fit your music tastes. It appears that once you sample songs from a certain album it gives you the option of being directed to a site to purchase the full cd if you so desire. This looks like a decent site, although I'm not sure if I'd use it on a regular basis or not as I personally prefer Yahoo! Music (not on the list of winners, which I find interesting), but further use of this site may at some point prove otherwise. I don't really see this being a tool that we librarians would use on a normal basis unless to be used to preview music artists that we might want to buy for future music collections. We might, however, be able to suggest it to patrons who wish to listen to music via headphones, on our free internet terminals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home