pirateprincess

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Week 6, Thing 15

I read a couple of the perspectives on Library 2.0 and decided to talk about the Away From Icebergs perspective. First off, I liked the idea of using the ships and icebergs methaphors to describe how libraries will be "sailing" into the future. It's great that as we expand our services, we'll be able to not only offer patrons many print items such as books, but other items like digital video, blogs, podcasts, and much, much more! I also loved that libraries are striving to make services to search for information, as user-friendly and simple as possible. I can see that one day, as technology continues to grow, that although I expect people to still use the physical library in some ways, we will be able to help patrons find what they're looking for online through a number of services, as well.

Library 2.0 - It's many things to many people. What does it mean to you?

For me, I think it means that the library will have various new ways to help people find exactly what information they're looking for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home