pirateprincess

Monday, July 2, 2007

Ranting

I bought a new portable cd player yesterday to replace my previous one which had an unfortunate accident (cd player, meet sink full of water). Already, my new cd player is giving me issues. I'm wondering if maybe the batteries that I installed are bad? The cd player has stopped mid-song a couple of times today. It also seems extra sensitive to being touched, despite the fact that it's made with a sports/active person in mind. Maybe I'll need to keep the anti-shock feature on ALL OF THE TIME? lol Hmm... Another thing that's weird about this cd-player is that it's a bit more complicated to use than my previous ones. I actually had to read through the entire instructions manual, lol. Ah well, I'll get the hang of it, I hope.

Speaking of cds, I can't stop listening to Hinder's album, Extreme Behavior, lately. Ever since I got it several months ago, it's become one of my favorite cds. I had slowly fallen in love with their hit single, "Lips Of An Angel", late last year, so I became curious about the rest of their songs. It wasn't until one of my best friends played another song of theirs, the tragically beautiful "Better Than Me", though that I knew I had to get this cd. I found myself relating to a certain situation or two in the songs, and I also think that Austin Winkler, the band's lead singer, has a unique, sexy, and appealing quality to his raspy singing-voice. When I got the cd, I listened to it over and over and grew to love every song. For me, it's one of those albums that I find every song to be enjoyable, and I don't have to skip past any of them to get to the "decent" tracks. I really want to go see Hinder in concert this coming August because I just heard that they're on their way to MD. Not sure if that'll happen though. I'd rather not deal with a rock audience on my own, lol. Being on my own with a bunch of potentially drunk and aggressive men around, doesn't appeal to me, not to mention I'm claustophobic, so the mosh pit section is out of the question lol. I still have a local friend or two to ask about going to the show though, so we'll see how that goes. If it doesn't work out, I'll just have to live vicariously through one of my best friends (from another state) who has a ticket and possibly a backstage pass lol. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home