pirateprincess

Monday, June 25, 2007

Week 4, Thing 8. RSS & Newsreaders

Arr Matey, I'm back from vacation. A few photos coming soon! :)

I have to admit that I was in the high percentage of people who didn't know what RSS or Newsfeeds were, prior to doing this exercise. Once I got a general idea of what RSS actually was, I found it to be quite interesting, but somewhat difficult to navigate. I definitely made use of the tutorial! I think it could be used to our libraries' advantages in the future, in helping patrons find out information on a great variety of subjects. I'd imagine it would probably make reference questions be more easily answered than before. I think I might even use bloglines myself, as I could read about some of my favorite topics in one place, as opposed to having to "google" EVERYTHING. I run one and belong to, a couple of yahoo groups where I help post news, and I could see this being beneficial to myself as well, in finding out new information. :)


Here is my Bloglines URL: Pirateprincess


For future reference, it will be in the links section of my sidebar. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home