pirateprincess

Monday, August 6, 2007

Week 9, Thing 20: Youtube

I love Youtube. Although I've never personally uploaded a video, I've been using it for quite sometime on my own, usually to find videos of muscians or actors that I like, vintage TV clips of shows no longer on the air, clips from plays or concerts, and music videos. My friends and I love swapping video links to amuse each other on a regular basis. I could see Youtube being helpful to library websites in a number of ways. Perhaps we could film library events and/or storytimes and have them for viewing on the page. Maybe we could even post tutorials for a number of different procedures for librarians and patrons, alike. The following clip is a video of the song "Music Of The Night" from a stage production of The Phantom of the Opera, as sung by Howard McGillin (sp?). I chose this video because Howard played the Phantom when I went to see the show on Broadway in 2006, so it was nice to sort of relive the experience. I'm intrigued by the stage direction of this particular performance as Erik (the Phantom) completely seduces Christine with his voice and charms, to the point where they come very close to kissing. It appears to be a very tender performance between Howard and Sandra Joseph (Christine). I hope you enjoy the video! :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home